Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve. Visit us! Pray with us! Learn with us!
Join us for the holidays!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey welcomes you to join us at this year’s High Holiday services. Please be in touch with the office for details about high holiday tickets: (201) 560-0200.
We are also pleased to be a part of the EZ Key program. New to the community? Click here to request High Holiday tickets at Temple Emanuel of North Jersey in Franklin Lakes through the EZ Key program.
FREE HIGH HOLIDAY TICKETS!
The High Holidays represent a special time to connect with the Jewish community. Through the EZ Key program, synagogues in the Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey catchment area are saying “Welcome” to new members of the community (who have lived in Bergen County/ Passaic County/ Hudson County for two years or less) by offering High Holiday tickets. Don’t miss hearing the Shofar this year. Tickets are available for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur services, including Kol Nidre and Yizkor. Want more information? Please contact Nancy Perlman, NancyP@jfnnj.org or 201-820-3904.
- Shabbat Eve Pirkei Avot Series (Seven-Part Series) Friday, Sept. 23, 7:30 p.m.
Presenter: Nitzan Ben-David Temple Emanuel members discuss how their favorite insights from Pirkei Avot (“Ethics of the Fathers”) have inspired and guided them. For flyer, click here.
- Shabbat Services Saturday, September 24, 9:30 a.m. Ellen Lipschitz will be reading Torah and Haftarah In honor of her Bat Mitzvah anniversary and we have a guest speaker Dr. Leonard Cole will discuss “Terror” : How Israel Has Coped and What America Can Learn.
- Selichot Program and Services Saturday, September 24 Selichot Program, 9:00 p.m. Video Memorial Tribute to Gene Wilder with Guest Cantor,
Lori Weber, Cantorial Student, Academy for Jewish Religiion For flyer, click here
Selichot Services, 10:30 p.m.
- Weekly Haftara Class Monday, September 26, 12:30 p.m. Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser.
- High Holiday 2016/5777 Services
Sunday, October 2-Tuesday, October 4
Tuesday, October 11-Wednesday, October 12
For a complete schedule, click here.
Sunday, October 16-Tuesday, October 25
For a complete schedule, click here.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, October 9, 2:00 p.m. Cantorial Concert from Brooklyn, NY. Light refreshments, including popcorn and ice cream, will be provided. Everyone is welcome! For flyer, click here.
- Shabbat Dinner in the Sukkot Friday, October 21, Services 6:30 p.m. Shabbat Dinner 7:15 p.m. $20 per adult, $8 per child, children 5 and under are free. Maximum charge per family is $55. Please R.S.V.P. by Tuesday, October 18th.
OUR RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Shabbat Program – September 23, 2016
- The eManuel Newsletter – September 20, 2016
- Rosh Hashanah Bulletin 2016-5777
- Rabbi Prouser’s blog posts on The Times of Israel
- Rabbi Prouser’s Blog: Initial Instructions, A translation celebrating the Book of Genesis – in lipogram!
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!