Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve. Visit us! Pray with us! Learn with us!
SHALACH MANOT BASKETS
Sisterhood of Temple Emanuel is once again sponsoring a Shalach Manot project and invites you to participate in this mitzvah.Purchase for yourself, your friends and family. For order form, click here.
Haubenstock Fund Summer 2017
The Haubenstock Fund of our Temple’s Men’s Club has been supporting Jewish children’s summer activities for many years.Applications are now being accepted for Summer 2017. Deadline: June 10, 2017. Preference is given to children and grandchildren of Temple members. For application, click here.
- Fourth Annual Presidents Day Service Monday, February 20, 2017, 8:00 a.m. Service featuring reading the Gettysburg Address in Hebrew! Please join us as we welcome local elected officials, mayors, assembly members and others. Light breakfast to follow. For flyer, click here.
- “Monday Maftir” (Study of the Weekly Haftarah) Monday, February 20, 12:30 p.m.
Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser.
- Siyyum Masechet Pesachim Sunday, March 19, 2017. 10:30 a.m. Join Rabbi Prouser in celebrating conclusion of the Talmudic Tractate of the Babylonian Talmud. For invitation, click here.
- First Fridays Family Shabbat Friday, March 3, Services 6:30 p.m., Shabbat Dinner 7:15 p.m. $20 per adult, $8 per child, children 5 and under are free. Maximum charge per family is $55. Please R.S.V.P. by Tuesday, February 28th.
- Purim Evening Service and Megillah Reading Saturday, March 11, 7:00 p.m. Come in Costume! For flyer, click here.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, March 19, 2:00 p.m. “Yiddish film – Motel the Operator” Light refreshments, including popcorn and ice cream, will be provided. Everyone is welcome! For flyer, click here.
- Shabbat Eve Pirkei Avot Series (Seven-Part Series) Friday, March 24, 7:30 p.m. (please note new date) Presenter: Michal Levison Temple Emanuel members discuss how their favorite insights from Pirkei Avot (“Ethics of the Fathers”) have inspired and guided them. For flyer, click here.
- SAVE THE DATE – ANNUAL GALA CHAMPAGNE BRUNCH Sunday, May 28, 11:00 a.m. Details to follow.
OUR RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Shabbat Program – February 17, 2017
- The eManuel Newsletter – February 14, 2017
- Chanukah Bulletin 2016/5777
- Rabbi Prouser’s blog posts on The Times of Israel
- Rabbi Prouser’s Blog: Initial Instructions, A translation celebrating the Book of Genesis – in lipogram!
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!