Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve.
- ROSH HASHANAH AND YOM KIPPUR AND SUKKOT For a full schedule of services, check your mail for our bulletin, our website at www.tenjfl.org or click here.
- Third Annual SEDER HA-SIMANIM following (brief) services on the first night of Rosh Hashanah Wednesday, September 24th, 6:30 p.m. We greet the New Year while sharing a series of SYMBOLIC FOODS AND DELICACIES, each accompanied with a traditional blessing expressing our aspirations for the Year ahead!!
- Gabbai Boot Camp Sunday, October 12th, 7:30 p.m. Master the liturgy, ritual, protocol, etiquette, history, and choreography of the Shabbat and Festival Torah Service in all its detail and permutations. Post-Bar/Bat Mitzvah youth also welcome!! Classes will be held two Sunday evenings each month. For flyer, click here.
- Sundae Saturday Saturday, October 18th, 9:30 a.m. Make your own ice cream sundaes at Kiddush. Post Bar/Bat Mitzvah students will be offered Aliyot. Kids!!! Come and celebrate with your friends. For flyer, click here.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, October 19th, 2:00 p.m.“The 1939 New York World’s Fair – The Medicus Amateur Film Collection – Part 3″ (Silent – with an added soundtrack of British dance band music from the mid 1920’s to the late 1930’s). Light refreshments, INCLUDING ICE CREAM, will be provided. For flyer, click here.
- “Oneg with Ora” Friday, October 24th, 7:30 p.m. Professor Ora Horn Prouser leads a study session during the Oneg Shabbat which follows the servies. Innovative approaches to understanding the Bible will be presented. Next topic: “to be announced…” For flyer, click here.
- Prescient Parshah Series Friday, November 14th, 7:30 p.m. Speaker: Torah Portion: Chayei Sarah and Rebecca Gratz – Members of the Congregation examine lives of historically influential Jews, who biographies parallel the content of the weekly Torah Portion. For flyer, click here.
JOIN US FOR THE HOLIDAYS
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey welcomes you to join us at this year’s High Holiday services. Please be in touch with the office for details about holiday tickets (201) 560-0200.
We are pleased to be part of the EZ Key program. New to the community? Click here to request High Holiday Tickets through the EZ Key Program. Be sure to request tickets to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey in Franklin Lakes.
READ OUR PUBLICATIONS
- Shabbat Program – September 5, 2014
- The Emanuel – September 2, 2014
- ADL’s “Know Your Rights and Obligations: How to Handle School and Workplace Conflicts with the High Holidays“
- Passover Bulletin 2014-5774
Rabbi Prouser’s Articles
- “Get Your Facts First,” by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, The Jewish Standard, September 12, 2014
- “The Heart that Feels Not Now is Dead” by by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, The Jewish Standard, July 24, 2014
- “Stones with a Human Heart” by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, The Jewish Standard, June 19, 2014
- “Holy, Holy, Holy“ by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, Jewish Standard, May 9, 2014″
- “From Rasha, With Love” by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, Jewish Standard, March 27, 2014
- An Open Letter to Shadrach Levi Mugoya by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, Jewish Standard, February 2014
- The Gettysburg Address with Haftara Trope text, as arranged by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser
Rabbi Prouser’s Sermons
- Remembering Gilad, Eyal, and Naftali, sermon by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, July 4, 2014
- On the Canonization of John XXIII and John Paul II”
sermon by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, May 3, 2014
- Memorial Tribute to Ariel Sharon sermon by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, January 18, 2014
TENJ in the Media
- “Why, Then, Oh Why Can’t I?: Slichot Services in Franklin Lakes to Begin with Cabaret” by Joanne Palmer, The Jewish Standard, September 12, 2014
- “To Tell the Truth?” by Joanne Palmer, The Jewish Standard, May 25, 2014
- Birth of Freedom: Franklin Lakes Rabbi Chants Gettysburg Address in Hebrew by Joanne Palmer, Jewish Standard, February 2014
- AMC Series as Morality Play: Emanuel Panel to Discuss ‘Walking Dead’ Issues by Joanne Palmer, Jewish Standard, November 2013
- Read about the recovery of the stained glass windows from our former home in Paterson on NorthJersey.com
- Did you miss Joe Yudin’s talk on ‘The Arab Revolution, Israel & the Peace Process: What Lies Ahead?’ Read about it in “Former Israeli Paratrooper Brings Perspective to Current Mid-East Turmoil” in the Wyckoff Patch, March 2011
- Photos from TENJFL’s Gala Honoring Rabbi Joseph and Dr. Ora Horn Prouser, June 8, 2014
- Photos from TENJ’s Purim Celebration 2014
- Photos from TENJ’s President’s Day Celebration 2014
- The Gettysburg Address with Haftara Trope video edited by Reid Paul, from TENJ’s President’s Day Celebration 2014
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!