Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve. Visit us! Pray with us! Learn with us!
***NEW RIMONIM PROGRAM*** FOR CHILDREN K-2 STARTING FALL 2016 * For flyer, click here.
Join us for the holidays!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey welcomes you to join us at this year’s High Holiday services. Please be in touch with the office for details about high holiday tickets: (201) 560-0200.
HIGH HOLIDAYS 5777/2016 FORMS
- High Holidays Letter, click here.
- Book of Remembrance, click here.
- High Holiday Tickets, click here.
- Honey Sale, click here.
We are also pleased to be a part of the EZ Key program. New to the community? Click here to request High Holiday tickets at Temple Emanuel of North Jersey in Franklin Lakes through the EZ Key program.
FREE HIGH HOLIDAY TICKETS!
The High Holidays represent a special time to connect with the Jewish community. Through the EZ Key program, synagogues in the Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey catchment area are saying “Welcome” to new members of the community (who have lived in Bergen County/ Passaic County/ Hudson County for two years or less) by offering High Holiday tickets. Don’t miss hearing the Shofar this year. Tickets are available for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur services, including Kol Nidre and Yizkor. Want more information? Please contact Nancy Perlman, NancyP@jfnnj.org or 201-820-3904.
- Weekly Haftara Class Monday, August 29, 12:30 p.m. Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser.
- Executive Board meeting Monday, August 29, 6:30 p.m.
- Board of Trustees meeting Monday, August 29, 7:30 p.m.
- First (Second) Fridays Family Shabbat Friday, September 9, Evening Service 6:30 p.m., Shabbat Dinner 7:30 p.m. $20 per adult, $8 per child 6-13, children 5 and under are free. Maximum charge per family is $55. Please R.S.V.P. by Tuesday, September 6th.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, September 18, 2:00 p.m. Yiddish musical film “The Singing Blacksmith”, starring Moishe Oysher. Light refreshments, including popcorn and ice cream, will be provided. Everyone is welcome! For flyer, click here.
- Shabbat Eve Pirkei Avot Series (Seven-Part Series) Friday, Sept. 23, 7:30 p.m. Temple Emanuel members discuss how their favorite insights from Pirkei Avot (“Ethics of the Fathers”) have inspired and guided them. For flyer, click here.
OUR RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Rabbi Prouser’s blog posts on The Times of Israel
- Rabbi Prouser’s Blog: Initial Instructions, A translation celebrating the Book of Genesis – in lipogram!
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!