Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve. Visit us! Pray with us! Learn with us!
Haubenstock Fund Summer 2017
The Haubenstock Fund of our Temple’s Men’s Club has been supporting Jewish children’s summer activities for many years.Applications are now being accepted for Summer 2017. Deadline: June 10, 2017. Preference is given to children and grandchildren of Temple members. For application, click here.
- ANNUAL GALA CHAMPAGNE BRUNCH Sunday, May 28, 11:00 a.m. We are thrilled to be honoring Norman LaPoff and his wife, Marcia, of blessed memory, at our annual gala.Please make your reservations today. For Annual Gala letter click here.
- SHAVUOT SERVICES 2017/5777
- Tikkun Layl Shavuot Tuesday, May 30, 7:00 p.m. “The Trial of Rebecca and Jacob” For flyer, click here.
- Shavuot Evening Service Tuesday, May 30, 9:00 p.m.
- 1st Day Shavuot Morning Service Wednesday, May 31, 9:30 a.m.
- Shavuot Evening Service Wednesday, May 31, 7:00 p.m.
- 2nd Day Shavuot Morning Service (YIZKOR) Thursday, June 1, 9:30 a.m.
- Monday Maftir” (Study of the Weekly Haftarah) Monday, June 5, 12:30 p.m.
Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser.
- First (SECOND) Fridays Family Shabbat Friday, June 9, Services 6:30 p.m., Shabbat Dinner 7:15 p.m. $20 per adult, $8 per child, children 5 and under are free. Maximum charge per family is $55. Please R.S.V.P. by Tuesday, June 6th.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, June 11, 1:30 p.m. “Contemporary Klezmer from Central Europe, part 3” Light refreshments, including popcorn and ice cream, will be provided. Everyone is welcome! For flyer, click here.
- TENJ Sisterhood presents “BCRA & Hereditary Cancer” Monday, June 12, 7:30 p.m. Join Temple Emanuel and Sharsharet for an evening of community education and empowerment. Learn the connection between genetic mutations common in the Jewish community and cancer risk, as well as how to be proactive about managing that risk. For flyer, click here.
- TENJ ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING Sunday, June 11, 5:00 p.m.
OUR RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Shabbat Program – May 26, 2017
- The eManuel Newsletter – May 23, 2017
- Passover 5777-2017
- Rabbi Prouser’s blog posts on The Times of Israel
- Rabbi Prouser’s Blog: Initial Instructions, A translation celebrating the Book of Genesis – in lipogram!
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!