Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve. Visit us! Pray with us! Learn with us!
- Sefer Ha’Aggadah Monday, July 25, 12:30 p.m. Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser. For flyer, click here.
- TENJ BBQ Dinner and Shabbat Evening Service
Friday, July 29, BBQ Dinner 6:30 p.m. Followed by Evening Service. $18 per adult, No Charge for children under 18. Please R.S.V.P. to the temple office by Tuesday, July 26. For flyer, click here.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, August 21, 2:00 p.m.TWO ROMANIAN KLEZMER BANDS featuring the Gypsy Klezmer violin of Jake Shulman. Light refreshments, including popcorn and ice cream, will be provided. Everyone is welcome! For flyer, click here.
- Shabbat Eve Pirkei Avot Series (Seven-Part Series) Friday, Sept. 23, 7:30 p.m. Temple Emanuel members discuss how their favorite insights from Pirkei Avot (“Ethics of the Fathers”) have inspired and guided them. For flyer, click here.
OUR RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Rabbi Prouser’s blog posts on The Times of Israel
- Rabbi Prouser’s Blog: Initial Instructions, A translation celebrating the Book of Genesis – in lipogram!
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!