Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve. Visit us! Pray with us! Learn with us!
- HIGH HOLIDAYS 5778/2017 Yom Kippur – September 29-30 For a complete schedule, please click here.
- Yom Kippur Afternoon Break Saturday, September 30, Study Session: A Survey of Maimonides’ Sefer Ahavah (“The Book of Love”) For flyer, click here.
- Responsa Class Monday, October 2, 12:30 p.m. Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser.
- CELEBRATE SUKKOT 5778/2017 October 4-13 For a complete schedule, please click here. TENJ Sukkah Sunday, October 1, 8:30 a.m. Building the Sukkah, 10:00 a.m. Join Sisterhood in decorating the Sukkah Please come join us for the fun and festive event. All are welcome! Lunch in the Sukkah Thursday, October 5, Services at 9:30 a.m. Be our guest for lunch in our sukkah. For flyer, click here. Dinner in the Sukkah Friday, October 6, 6:30 p.m. Services, 7:15 p.m Dinner $20 per adult, $8 per child, children 5 and under are free. Maximum charge per family is $55. Please R.S.V.P. by Tuesday, October 3rd.
- First (SECOND) Fridays Family Shabbat Friday, November 3, Services 6:30 p.m., Shabbat Dinner 7:30 p.m. $20 per adult, $8 per child, children 5 and under are free. Maximum charge per family is $55. Please R.S.V.P. by Tuesday, October 31st.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, October 29, 1:30 p.m. “The Dybbuk” by S. Ansky Light refreshments, including popcorn and ice cream, will be provided. ALL are welcome. For flyer, click here.
TENJ invites you to a study session with Dr. Ora Horn Prouser, Executive VP, Academic Dean, Professor of Bible, Academy for Jewish Religion as we prepare to attend: Lincoln Center’s “The Psalms Experience” Study Session: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 11 a.m. at Temple Emanuel of North Jersey Pre-registration for the study session is strongly encouraged. Please call the Temple office to RSVP. Concert: “Psalms of Gratitude” Thursday, November 9, 2017, 8:30 p.m. at Society for Ethical Culture, 2 West 64 Street (at Central Park), New York.
Tickets: $25. (There are a limited number of tickets available, please call the Temple office to reserve yours.) For flyer, click here.
JOIN US FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey welcomes you to join us at this year’s High Holiday services. Please be in touch with the office for details about High Holiday tickets via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (201) 560-0200.
FREE HIGH HOLIDAY TICKETS!
We are also pleased to participate in the EZ Key program. Click here to request High Holiday tickets at Temple Emanuel for North Jersey in Franklin Lakes through the EZ Key program.
The High Holidays represent a special time to connect with the Jewish community. Through the EZ Key program, synagogues in the Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey catchment area are saying “Welcome” to new members of the community (who have lived in our community for two years or less) by offering High Holiday tickets. Don’t miss hearing the Shofar this year. Tickets are available for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur services, including Kol Nidre and Yizkor. Want more information? Please contact Elisa J. Hirsch/:ElisaH@jfnnj.org / 201-820-3918.
OUR RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Shabbat Program – September 23, 2017
- The eManuel Newsletter – September 19, 2017
- 2017-5778 Rosh Hashanah Bulletin
- Rabbi Prouser’s blog posts on The Times of Israel
- Rabbi Prouser’s Blog: Initial Instructions, A translation celebrating the Book of Genesis – in lipogram!
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!