Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve. Visit us! Pray with us! Learn with us!
- Temple Emanuel Sisterhood Paid-Up Member Brunch Sunday, November 12, 10:30 a.m.
Join friends, old and new, for a delicious brunch and a short business meeting. Please bring donations of food for Thanksgiving for the local food pantry. RSVP: email@example.com or 201-560-0200. $36 dues are payable at the event.
- Responsa Class Monday, November 13, 12:30 p.m. Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser.
- Shabbat Evening Service & Wine-Tasting Friday, November 17, 7:30 p.m. Dvar Torah: “The Blessing(s) for Wine” Followed by guided wine-tasting. (Wine-tasting notes will be provided.)
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, November 19, 1:30 p.m. “The Recordings of American Klezmer Pioneer, Harry Kandel – 1917 to 1921” Light refreshments, including popcorn and ice cream, will be provided. ALL are welcome. For flyer, click here.
- First (SECOND) Fridays Family Shabbat Friday, December 1, Services 6:30 p.m., Shabbat Dinner 7:30 p.m. $20 per adult, $8 per child, children 5 and under are free. Maximum charge per family is $55. Please R.S.V.P. by Tuesday, November 28th.
JOIN US FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey welcomes you to join us at this year’s High Holiday services. Please be in touch with the office for details about High Holiday tickets via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (201) 560-0200.
FREE HIGH HOLIDAY TICKETS!
We are also pleased to participate in the EZ Key program. Click here to request High Holiday tickets at Temple Emanuel for North Jersey in Franklin Lakes through the EZ Key program.
The High Holidays represent a special time to connect with the Jewish community. Through the EZ Key program, synagogues in the Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey catchment area are saying “Welcome” to new members of the community (who have lived in our community for two years or less) by offering High Holiday tickets. Don’t miss hearing the Shofar this year. Tickets are available for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur services, including Kol Nidre and Yizkor. Want more information? Please contact Elisa J. Hirsch/:ElisaH@jfnnj.org / 201-820-3918.
OUR RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Shabbat Program – November 3, 2017
- The eManuel Newsletter – November 7, 2017
- 2017-5778 Rosh Hashanah Bulletin
- Rabbi Prouser’s blog posts on The Times of Israel
- Rabbi Prouser’s Blog: Initial Instructions, A translation celebrating the Book of Genesis – in lipogram!
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!