Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve. Visit us! Pray with us! Learn with us!
- Tisha b’Av Monday, July 31, 8:00 p.m. The Fast of the Ninth of Av Evening Service and Reading of Eichah (Lamentations). For flyer, click here.
Shabbat Evening Service Friday, August 4, 7:30 p.m. Oneg Shabbat will be sponsored by Rabbi Joseph and Ora Prouser in honor of their 35th Wedding Anniversary.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, August 13, 2:00 p.m. Due to recent very poor attendance, there will be no “Sunday’s With Sokol” program in July. If you are interested in seeing the classic silent 1924 Harold Lloyd comedy film “Safety Last” on Sunday August 20, please notify the office. For the August flyer, click here.
OUR RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Shabbat Program -July 21, 2017
- The eManuel Newsletter – July 18, 2017
- Passover 5777-2017
- Rabbi Prouser’s blog posts on The Times of Israel
- Rabbi Prouser’s Blog: Initial Instructions, A translation celebrating the Book of Genesis – in lipogram!
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!