Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve. Visit us! Pray with us! Learn with us!
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, January 21, 1:30 p.m. “Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake Ballet” Light refreshments, including popcorn and ice cream, will be provided. ALL are welcome. For flyer, click here.
- Responsa Class Monday, January 22, 12:30 p.m. Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser.
- Early Tu B’Shevat Celebration Friday, January 26, 7:30 p.m. Shabbat Evening Service
- Scout Sabbath 2018 Saturday, February 3, 7:00 p.m. You are invited to Havdallah and Dessert Reception featuring the Medicine Wheel Dancers. RSVP requested. For more information, please click here.
- First Friday Family Shabbat Friday, February 2, Services 6:30 p.m., Shabbat Dinner 7:15 p.m. We welcome two special guest speakers, Shelichot (official Israeli Emissaries). These two young women, Shir Ben David and Shahar Firan, discharged from Israeli army service will discuss their experiences here in the United States and its comparison to living in Israel. $20 per adult, $8 per child, children 5 and under are free. Maximum charge per family is $55. Please R.S.V.P. by Tuesday, January 30th.
- Executive Board Meeting Monday, February 5, 6:30 p.m.
- Board of Trustees Meeting Monday, February 5, 7:30 p.m.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, February 11, 2:00 p.m. Yiddish Film – “Without a Home”
Light refreshments, including popcorn and ice cream, will be provided. ALL are welcome. For flyer, click here.
- FIFTH ANNUAL PRESIDENTS DAY SERVICE Monday, February 19, 8:00 a.m. Service featuring reading the Gettysburg Address in Hebrew! Please join us as we welcome local elected officials, mayors, assembly members and others. Light breakfast to follow. For flyer, click here.
- PURIM EVENING SERVICE AND MEGILLAH READING Wednesday, February 28, 7:00 p.m. Come in Costume!!! For flyer, click here.
JOIN US FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey welcomes you to join us at this year’s High Holiday services. Please be in touch with the office for details about High Holiday tickets via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (201) 560-0200.
FREE HIGH HOLIDAY TICKETS!
We are also pleased to participate in the EZ Key program. Click here to request High Holiday tickets at Temple Emanuel for North Jersey in Franklin Lakes through the EZ Key program.
The High Holidays represent a special time to connect with the Jewish community. Through the EZ Key program, synagogues in the Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey catchment area are saying “Welcome” to new members of the community (who have lived in our community for two years or less) by offering High Holiday tickets. Don’t miss hearing the Shofar this year. Tickets are available for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur services, including Kol Nidre and Yizkor. Want more information? Please contact Elisa J. Hirsch/:ElisaH@jfnnj.org / 201-820-3918.
OUR RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Shabbat Program – January 19, 2018
- The eManuel Newsletter – January 16, 2018
- 2017-5778 Rosh Hashanah Bulletin
- Rabbi Prouser’s blog posts on The Times of Israel
- Rabbi Prouser’s Blog: Initial Instructions, A translation celebrating the Book of Genesis – in lipogram!
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!