Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve. Visit us! Pray with us! Learn with us!
- “Monday Maftir” (Study of the weekly Haftarah) Monday, October 31, 12:30 p.m.
Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser.
Executive Board meeting Monday, November 7, 6:30 p.m.
Board of Trustees meeting Monday, November 7, 7:00 p.m.
- Friday Evening Pre-Election Day Service and First Fridays Family Shabbat Friday, November 4, Services 6:30 p.m. Shabbat Dinner 7:15 p.m. $20 per adult, $8 per child, children 5 and under are free. Maximum charge per family is $55. Please R.S.V.P. by Tuesday, November 1st.
- “Parshat Shemot: Academy for Jewish Religion” Sundays, November 13 & 20 & December 4, 7-8 p.m. Siyyum at AJR: December 11 A three-part series exploring Parshat Shemot – the opening chapters of the Book of Exodus. Held at the home of Rabbi Joseph & Ora Prouser. Instructor: Dr. Ora Horn Prouser, Professor of Bible, Dean, and Executive V.P. Academy for Jewish Religion. For flyer, click here.
- Shabbat Evening Service & Wine-Tasting Friday, November 18, 7:30 p.m. “Did Biblical Israelites Invent Thanksgiving?” Followed by Guided Wine-Tasting. For flyer, click here.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, November 20, 1:30 p.m. “World War II Yiddish Songs from the Ukraine”. Light refreshments, including popcorn and ice cream, will be provided. Everyone is welcome! For flyer, click here.
OUR RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Shabbat Program – October 29, 2016
- The e-Manuel Newsletter – October 25, 2016
- Rosh Hashanah Bulletin 2016-5777
- Rabbi Prouser’s blog posts on The Times of Israel
- Rabbi Prouser’s Blog: Initial Instructions, A translation celebrating the Book of Genesis – in lipogram!
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!