Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve. Visit us! Pray with us! Learn with us!
- Study of the Weekly Haftarah Monday, August 28, 12:30 p.m. Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser.
- First (SECOND) Fridays Family Shabbat Friday, September 8, Services 6:30 p.m., Shabbat Dinner 7:30 p.m. $20 per adult, $8 per child, children 5 and under are free.Maximum charge per family is $55. Please R.S.V.P. by Tuesday, September 5th.
- Selichot Program and Services Saturday, September 16, ‘My Son the Penitent” an Allan Sherman Selichot at 9:00 p.m. Selichot Services with Rabbi Joseph Prouser and Guest cantor Lori Weber at 10:30 p.m. For flyer, click here.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, September 17, 1:30 p.m. Classic, 1937 Yiddish Film – “The Dybbuk” Light refreshments, including popcorn and ice cream, will be provided. Everyone is welcome! For flyer, click here.
OUR RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Shabbat Program – August 11, 2017
- The eManuel Newsletter – August 15, 2017
- Passover 5777-2017
- Rabbi Prouser’s blog posts on The Times of Israel
- Rabbi Prouser’s Blog: Initial Instructions, A translation celebrating the Book of Genesis – in lipogram!
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!