Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve. Visit us! Pray with us! Learn with us!
Haubenstock Fund Summer 2017
The Haubenstock Fund of our Temple’s Men’s Club has been supporting Jewish children’s summer activities for many years.Applications are now being accepted for Summer 2017. Deadline: June 10, 2017. Preference is given to children and grandchildren of Temple members. For application, click here.
“Monday Maftir” (Study of the Weekly Haftarah) Monday, July 3, 12:30 p.m. Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser.
TENJ BBQ Dinner and Shabbat Evening Service Friday, July 7, BBQ Dinner 6:30 p.m. Followed by Evening Service. $18 per adult, No Charge for children under 18. Please R.S.V.P. to the temple office by Monday, July 3rd. For flyer, click here.
- Shabbat Services Saturday, July 8, 9:30 a.m. Guest Speaker – Mr. Yonatan Bassi Mr. Bassi served as Director of the Disengagement Authority (North Shomron and Gaza Settlers Aid) which oversaw the Gaza withdrawal. For a related article, please click here.
- Tisha b’Av Tuesday, August 1, 8:00 p.m. The Fast of the Ninth of Av Evening Service and Reading of Eichah (Lamentations). For flyer, click here.
Shabbat Evening Service Friday, August 4, 7:30 p.m.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, August 20, 2:00 p.m. Due to recent very poor attendance, there will be no “Sunday’s With Sokol” program in July. If you are interested in seeing the classic silent 1924 Harold Lloyd comedy film “Safety Last” on Sunday August 20, please notify the office. For the August flyer, click here.
OUR RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Shabbat Program – June 30, 2017
- The eManuel Newsletter – June 27, 2017
- Passover 5777-2017
- Rabbi Prouser’s blog posts on The Times of Israel
- Rabbi Prouser’s Blog: Initial Instructions, A translation celebrating the Book of Genesis – in lipogram!
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!