Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve. Visit us! Pray with us! Learn with us!
- “The Historic Debate: Is Turkey Really Kosher” Friday, November 27, 7:30 p.m. Shabbat Evening Service
- Sefer Ha’Agaddah Monday, November 30, 12:30 p.m. Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser. For flyer, click here.
- SECOND Fridays Family Shabbat – Latkes! Chanukah Sing-Along! Friday, December 11
Services 6:30 p.m. Shabbat Dinner 7:30 p.m. Please RSVP by Tuesday, December 8th. $20 per adult, $8 per child, children 5 and under are free. Maximum charge per family is $55.
- “My Shabbat” Friday, December 18, 5:45 p.m. On dates designated as “My Shabbat,” the regular Shabbat evening service will include a program of singing and storytelling for young children (through Grade 3 or so) — who are welcome to attend in Pajamas!! After “Lecha Dodi” the children will participate in a special “Oneg Shabbat” program as the congregational service continues.
- Sundae Saturday Shabbat Morning Service Saturday, December 19, 9:30 a.m. Make your own ice cream sundaes at Kiddush. Post Bar/Bat Mitzvah students will be offered Aliyot. KIDS!!! Come and celebrate with your friends. Followed by Kiddush.
- DINNER AND A MOVIE Friday, December 25, 2015 Movie, to be announced, starting promptly at 2:00 p.m. Followed immediately by Sunset Shabbat Evening Service. Sermon: “What does the Talmud say about wishing our neighbors a Merry Christmas?” Chinese food dinner buffet following services. $15 per person (12 and under free). Please call or e-mail the Temple office to RSVP. Thank you.
OUR RECENT PUBLICATIONS
(Click here for additional articles, sermons, and publications of interest!)
- Rabbi Prouser’s blog posts on The Times of Israel
- Rabbi Prouser’s Blog: Initial Instructions, A translation celebrating the Book of Genesis – in lipogram!
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!