Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve.
- Abayudaya Torah Presentation Sunday, August 30, 10:30 a.m. Please join us to celebrate as Temple Emanuel presents a Torah Scroll as a gift to the Ugandan village of Nasenyi. Four young people from the Abayudaya community will be with us to receive the Torah on behalf of their community. A light brunch will be served. For flyer, click here.
- Sefer Ha’Aggadah Monday, August 31, 12:30 p.m. Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Prouser. For flyer, click here.
- SELICHOT SERVICES Saturday, September 5 Selichot Program 9:00 p.m., Selichot Services 10:30 p.m.
- ROSH HASHANAH SERVICES Sunday, September 13, Erev Rosh Hashanah, Monday, September 14, Tuesday, September 15 For a complete schedule, click here.
- Shabbat Shuvah Evening Service Friday, September 18, 7:30 p.m. Theme – “Unconventional Responses to Yom Kippur” Yom Kippur as a National Wedding Day; Yom Kippur and Purim; Yom Kippur in Islam.
- YOM KIPPUR SERVICES Tuesday, September 22, Kol Nidre, Wednesday, September 23 For a complete schedule, click here.
- Parshat Haazinu Celebration of Jewish Poets Friday, September 25, 7:30 p.m. Worship in the company of (and with the words of) your favorite Jewish poets: Emma Lazarus, Allen Ginsberg, Hayim Nachman Bialik, Primo Levi, Hannah Szenes, Gertrude Stein, Dorothy Parker, Danny Siegel… Suggest your own favorite.
- SUKKOT SERVICES Sunday, September 27 – Tuesday, October 6 For a complete schedule of services, click here.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, October 18, 1:30 p.m. “Be Yourself” – Aa light, comedy-drama film, startting Fanny Brice. Light refreshments, including ice cream and popcorn, will be served. For flyer, click here.
JOIN US FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey welcomes you to join us at this year’s High Holiday services. Please be in touch with the office for details about high holiday tickets: (201) 560-0200.
FREE HIGH HOLIDAY TICKETS!
We are also pleased to be a part of the EZ Key program. New to the community? Click here to request High Holiday tickets at Temple Emanuel of North Jersey in Franklin Lakes through the EZ Key program.
The High Holidays represent a special time to connect with the Jewish community. Through the EZ Key program, synagogues in the Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey catchment area are saying “Welcome” to new members of the community (who have lived in Bergen County/ Passaic County/ Hudson County for two years or less) by offering High Holiday tickets. Don’t miss hearing the Shofar this year. Tickets are available for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur services, including Kol Nidre and Yizkor. Want more information? Please contact Nancy Perlman, NancyP@jfnnj.org or (201) 820-3904.
OUR RECENT PUBLICATIONS
(Click here for additional articles, sermons, and publications of interest!)
- Rabbi Prouser’s blog posts on The Times of Israel
- Rabbi Prouser’s Blog: Initial Instructions, A translation celebrating the Book of Genesis – in lipogram!
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!