Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve. Visit us! Pray with us! Learn with us!
Haubenstock Fund Summer 2017
The Haubenstock Fund of our Temple’s Men’s Club has been supporting Jewish children’s summer activities for many years.Applications are now being accepted for Summer 2017. Deadline: June 10, 2017. Preference is given to children and grandchildren of Temple members. For application, click here.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, April 23, 2:00 p.m. “Film – Miracle at Midnight” Light refreshments, including popcorn and ice cream, will be provided. Everyone is welcome! For flyer, click here.
- “Monday Maftir” (Study of the Weekly Haftarah) Monday, April 24, 12:30 p.m.
Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser.
- Shabbat Eve Pirkei Avot Series (Seven-Part Series) Friday, April 28, 7:30 p.m. Presenter: to be announced… Temple Emanuel members discuss how their favorite insights from Pirkei Avot (“Ethics of the Fathers”) have inspired and guided them. For flyer, click here.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, May 21, 2:00 p.m. “Early Television Programs, Part 4 – Four Quiz Shows – “What’s My Line?, You Bet Your Life, I’ve Got A Secret and To Tell The Truth”
Light refreshments, including popcorn and ice cream, will be provided. Everyone is welcome! For flyer, click here.
- First Fridays Family Shabbat Friday, May 5, Services 6:30 p.m., Shabbat Dinner 7:15 p.m. $20 per adult, $8 per child, children 5 and under are free. Maximum charge per family is $55. Please R.S.V.P. by Tuesday, May 2nd.
- ANNUAL GALA CHAMPAGNE BRUNCH Sunday, May 28, 11:00 a.m. We are thrilled to be honoring Norman LaPoff and his wife, Marcia, of blessed memory, at our annual gala.Please make your reservations today and place an ad in our Journal book. For Annual Gala letter click here. For ad blank, click here.
OUR RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Shabbat Program – April 21, 2017
- The eManuel Newsletter – April 19, 2017
- Chanukah Bulletin 2016/5777
- Rabbi Prouser’s blog posts on The Times of Israel
- Rabbi Prouser’s Blog: Initial Instructions, A translation celebrating the Book of Genesis – in lipogram!
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!