Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve. Visit us! Pray with us! Learn with us!
- Shabbat Eve Pirkei Avot Series (Seven-Part Series) Friday, January 20, 7:30 p.m. Presenter: Ralph GulkoTemple Emanuel members discuss how their favorite insights from Pirkei Avot (“Ethics of the Fathers”) have inspired and guided them. For flyer, click here.
- “Monday Maftir” (Study of the Weekly Haftarah) Monday, January 23 , 12:30 p.m.
Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser.
- First Fridays Family Shabbat Friday, February 3, Services 6:30 p.m., Shabbat Dinner 7:15 p.m. $20 per adult, $8 per child, children 5 and under are free. Maximum charge per family is $55. Please R.S.V.P. by Tuesday, January 31st.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, February 12, 1:00 p.m. “Original Ragtime Music from Early Cylinder Records” Light refreshments, including popcorn and ice cream, will be provided. Everyone is welcome! For flyer, click here.
- Fourth Annual Presidents Day Service Monday, February 20, 2017, 8:00 a.m. Service featuring reading the Gettysburg Address in Hebrew! Please join us as we welcome local elected officials, mayors, assembly members and others. Light breakfast to follow. For flyer, click here.
OUR RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Shabbat Program-January 13, 2017
- The eManuel Newsletter-January 10, 2017
- Chanukah Bulletin 2016/5777
- Rabbi Prouser’s blog posts on The Times of Israel
- Rabbi Prouser’s Blog: Initial Instructions, A translation celebrating the Book of Genesis – in lipogram!
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!