Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, and Conservative, in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve.
- Shabbat Chazon – Theme: “The Music and Meaning of Mourning” Friday, July 24, 7:30 p.m. How has Jewish tradition responded to bereavement and catastrophe in terms of liturgical music… and through the prohibition of music? NOTE: Shabbat Chazon features uniquely mournful melodies in anticipation of Tisha B’Av) For flyer, click here.
- Evening Service – Guest Speaker TBA Friday, August 7, 7:30 p.m.
- Sundae Saturday Saturday, August 15, Services 9:30 a.m. followed by Kiddush. Make your own ice cream sundaes at Kiddush. Post Bar/Bat Mitzvah students will be offered Aliyot. KIDS!!! Come and celebrate with your friends. For flyer, click here.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, August 16, 2:00 p.m. “The Charlie Chaplin Festival” Light refreshments, including ice cream and popcorn, will be served. For flyer, click here.
- Sefer Ha’Aggadah Class will resume on Monday, August 17th, 12:30 p.m. Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Prouser. For flyer, click here.
- SAVE THE DATE: TENJ FAMILY BBQ Tuesday, August 18, 6:30 p.m. Come join us for good food, friends and family. $18 per adult, No charge for children under 18. Please R.S.V.P. by Thursday, August 13. For flyer, click here.
- Series: Iggeret Ha-Ramban (Part 3) Friday, August 21, 7:30 p.m. This three-part series will feature a close and critical reading of the famous letter and “Ethical Will” written to his son by Nachmanides. Participants will speculate as to what might be included in their own personal statements of ethical instruction and spiritual guidance. For flyer, click here.
- “Oneg with Ora” Friday, August 28, 7:30 p.m. Professor Ora Horn Prouser leads a study session during the Oneg Shabbat which follows the services. Innovative approaches to understanding the Bible will be presented. Next topic: To be announced… For flyer, click here.
JOIN US FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey welcomes you to join us at this year’s High Holiday services. Please be in touch with the office for details about high holiday tickets: (201) 560-0200.
FREE HIGH HOLIDAY TICKETS!
We are also pleased to be a part of the EZ Key program. New to the community? Click here to request High Holiday tickets at Temple Emanuel of North Jersey in Franklin Lakes through the EZ Key program.
The High Holidays represent a special time to connect with the Jewish community. Through the EZ Key program, synagogues in the Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey catchment area are saying “Welcome” to new members of the community (who have lived in Bergen County/ Passaic County/ Hudson County for two years or less) by offering High Holiday tickets. Don’t miss hearing the Shofar this year. Tickets are available for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur services, including Kol Nidre and Yizkor. Want more information? Please contact Nancy Perlman, NancyP@jfnnj.org or (201) 820-3904.
OUR RECENT PUBLICATIONS
(Click here for additional articles, sermons, and publications of interest!)
- Rabbi Prouser’s blog posts on The Times of Israel
- Rabbi Prouser’s Blog: Initial Instructions, A translation celebrating the Book of Genesis – in lipogram!
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!