Temple Emanuel of North Jersey, a Conservative congregation, is a welcoming community. We value individual spiritual growth and Jewish learning and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional and egalitarian and Jewish men and women participate equally in our services. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
We pride ourselves on working to achieve the three pillars upon which the world rests:
Torah – grappling with sacred texts of our tradition and striving for greater Jewish commitment
Avodah – ritual service that is attainable through prayer and commitment to religious observance and service to God
G’milut Hassadim – acts of loving-kindness directed to those both in our community and living throughout the surrounding areas and beyond.
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is:
- Committed to serving our congregants and our diverse community
- A synagogue where Jews pray, learn, and socialize with one another
- Dedicated to enriching the lives and meeting the needs of those in our community by providing religious and educational programming
- One with the State and People of Israel
- Devoted to tikkun olam, the idea that each of us, one at a time and together as a group can repair and change the world around us and make it a better, safer, and more sustainable place
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism.